- Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution, Southern Methodist University, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, Texas Tech University, 1985
- Minor in Marketing and English, Texas Tech University, 1985
Fonda Hamilton is the owner of Conflict Solutions, LLC, and is a partner of Conflict Management Consultants, LLP (www.conflictmgmtconsultants.com). Prior to moving to Colorado, she obtained a Masters Degree in Dispute Resolution from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. After graduation, in addition to conducting private mediation cases, she worked with SMU by providing observation and co-mediation opportunities for their student interns. She is a certified civil and domestic relations mediator for the state of Texas and has extensive training in both areas as well as in adult family and eldercare mediation training. She has had a private mediation practice in Colorado since 2008.
In addition to mediating private and court ordered cases for Texas and Colorado, she has experience conducting corporate and organizational assessments reviewing current practices, procedures, and how conflict is handled within businesses. She has designed conflict management systems for companies and organizations in order for them to become more efficient.
Fonda has advanced training in negotiations, arbitration, family mediation, public policy, systems design, organization change management, and multi-party mediation. Fonda’s primary private practice focus is in mediating high conflict domestic relations cases including divorce, pre-divorce, and post divorce modifications including child support and parenting issues.
By appointment by the Chief Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court, Fonda serves as a member of the Colorado Office of Dispute Resolution Advisory Committee. Fonda takes time out of her busy schedule to serve as a volunteer mediator for Court Mediation Services (CMS) as well as Jefferson County Mediation Services.
- Professional Member in good standing for theThe Mediation Association of Colorado (theMAC), 2008 to present
- President Emeritus, Board of Directors for The Mediation Association of Colorado (theMAC), 2013
- President; Board of Directors for The Mediation Association of Colorado (theMAC), 2010 to 2012
- Vice-President; Board of Directors for The Colorado Council of Mediators (now theMAC), 2009-2010
- Appointed by the Chief Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court to serve on the Office of Dispute Resolution Advisory Committee, 2010 to present
- Serves as a mediation coach for the Colorado Bar Association, 2008 to present
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association; the Dispute Resolution Section and the Family Law Section, 2012 to present
- Member of Mediate.com
- Member of Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee (MDIC) 2012 to present
- State of Texas Certified Mediation & Dispute Resolution Mediator
- State of Texas Certified Domestic Relations Mediator
- State of Texas Certified Eldercare Mediator